LCS(T) An Overview
Our key mission is to provide Storage and Distribution to the military, worldwide, getting the support to the Forces when they need it, at lower costs and improved service levels. This includes the Procurement & Inventory Management of Food, Uniforms, Medical Supplies, Oils Lubricants & Gases and General Supplies. An effort which requires the management of some 11.5 million items with 70k issues every month.
Leidos Europe Ltd. is running the MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation programme, the key points of the contract include:
- 13 Year contract worth up to £13 billion
- Contract began on 01 August 2015
- First 3 years is the Transformation phase. This includes the building of the Defence Fulfilment Centre and introduction of all new IS systems and processes
- Following 10 years are for Continuous Improvement
The LCS(T) programme will transform the way the UK provides common logistic support and services to its Armed Forces.
- Team Leidos is responsible for all LCS operations and maintaining continuity of service while transforming delivery to a new operational model.
- Manage a team of four major sub-contractors and 1500+ personnel
- Manage 70 warehouses at eight sites in the UK with an inventory of 1 million NATO stock numbers (NSNs) valued at £5.8 billion ($7.6 billion)
- Procure 70,000 NSNs valued at £130 million ($170 million) for common supply chains, such as medical, food, fuels, clothing and general supplies
- Distribute military materiel to more than 600 sites worldwide.
Used logistics and transformation expertise and Lean Six Sigma® CPI processes to successfully transition procurement, warehouse, inventory management, and transportation.
Developing Our People
Transitioned previous UK workforce to Team Leidos employment, enabling workforce capital skills in organisational change management, knowledge capture, transfer, and training.
Value for Money
Reducing the logistics footprint and costs by increasing demand forecasting accuracy / optimising inventory levels and robust commercial re-let of contracts program.
Improved Service Levels
Well-developed transition plan which maintained or improved service levels across every aspect of LCS operations, such as on-time-in-full (OTIF) distribution metrics.
Modernisation of IS
Implementing COTS-based IT platform to replace aged legacy systems, including an integrated WMS, TMS, procurement, contracts and reporting solution.
Constructing state-of-the-art 860,000 square foot distribution centre to consolidate supplies, reducing infrastructure cost, and increasing supply chain effectiveness.
Meet the Senior Leadership Team
FOLLOW LEIDOS ON LINKEDIN
Click the button below to learn about new job openings and get updates on Leidos careers.